I’m Seeking Services

We are here to help navigate you back home. If you haven’t already, we encourage you to have a conversation with us. Click on this link and then answer the questions, so we can know how best to serve you. From there, if you need it, we can schedule an appointment with the Our Path Home team to hear your story and create a housing plan with you.

If you’ve already gone through that conversation, then you might still have some questions. We understand. You’re trying to answer a lot right now.

Here are some questions you might be asking:

I’m Experiencing Homelessness, where should I stay tonight?

Here is some information about our local emergency housing options:

City Light Home for Women and Children
1404 W. Jefferson St. Boise, Idaho 83702
(208) 368-9901

If you are a woman with children seeking shelter, the Boise Rescue Mission’s City Light Home offers a safe haven of hope and love, and provides emergency services such as meals, shelter and clothing, as well as education, work-search assistance, mental health counseling, addiction recovery through the New Life Program, and children’s programs.

Hays House for Children ages 9-18
7221 Poplar St. Boise, Idaho 83704
(208) 322-2308

If you are a youth between the ages of 9-18 seeking shelter, the Idaho Youth Ranch’s Hays House is the Treasure Valley’s only 24-hour shelter for runaway and homeless youth. Hays House offers emergency shelter, counseling, education, parent education classes and crisis intervention.

Interfaith Sanctuary Shelter
1620 W. River St. Boise, Idaho 83702
(208) 343-2630

If you are a single man, woman or family, Interfaith Sanctuary offers safe place to sleep and a warm meal nightly, as well as case management services. 

River of Life Men’s Shelter
575 S. 13th St. Boise, Idaho 83702
(208) 389-9840

If you are a single male, the River of Life Rescue Mission provides shelter, care and respect through education, a hot meal, or counseling and recovery.

Women and Children’s Alliance Secure Shelter
720 W. Washington St. Boise, Idaho 83702
(208) 343-7025

If you are fleeing domestic violence or have experienced sexual assault, the WCA provides a comprehensive and secure 120-day residential shelter program and transitional housing in confidential locations with round-the-clock staff assistance, private rooms and common living facilities.

I’m in Housing But Might be Evicted, how can I stay in my home?

Here is some information about our local homelessness prevention resources:

Boise School District
Contact your child’s school social worker

If you have children in your household that are enrolled in the Boise School District and are at risk of an eviction, the Boise School District Social Workers may be able to help with financial assistance for utilities and/or rental arrears. 

Jesse Tree of Idaho
1121 Miller St. Boise, Idaho 83702
(208) 383-9486

The Jesse Tree of Idaho provides a safety net for low to extremely low income persons living in Ada County who are at risk of experiencing homelessness by providing a one-time rental assistance and case management to prevent homelessness. If you are just needing one month of assistance to avoid an eviction, Jesse Tree of Idaho might be able to help! 

Resource and Service Navigation
Call 211 (Ask to be transferred to a Navigator) or visit

If you have children in your household and are at risk of an eviction and just need one month of assistance to avoid an eviction, the Resource and Service Navigation team at Health and Welfare may be able to help with financial assistance for utilities, and/or rental assistance.

Supportive Services for Veteran Families
2250 S. Vista Ave. Boise, Idaho 83705
(208) 345-2820

If you are a veteran or have a veteran in your household, El-Ada Community Action Partnership might be able to provide financial assistance for rental assistance through the SSVF program.

I’m Searching for a New Apartment, where should I apply?

If you are looking for housing, here are some of the sources that we have been told are helpful: